COVID-19 Communication Information Hub
This page is current as of September 8, 2021.
In line with the guidelines from the New Zealand government and local health authorities, Wairakei Primary School is closed to all students on campus.
If you have questions related to COVID potential issues, please send an email.
Community Calendar changes as they become available here. Further Changes - please check regularly as we update
Zoom Meetings (Links to Meeting ID's)
Meeting ID: 994 1665 9087 Thursday: 9.30-9.50 a.m.
Jeannie - Story - The power is in you
Fiona - Science experiment
Kylie - Speak about and show fun activities on the Conservation website - share screen.
Meeting ID: 930 8020 2190 Thursday: 10-10.20 a.m.
Jenna - Soap and water activity (a good reminder about handwashing)
Tracey - Poem & Maths game
Leanne - Spring - toilet roll windsock
Meeting ID: 979 6749 8538 Thursday: 1.00-1.50a.m. PLEASE NOTE CHANGE OF TIME
Carla - Art - Critter surprise - need paper and a pencil.
Tayla - Jump jam - need some space
Paul - Multichoice quiz about animals
Meeting ID: 925 4973 6920 Thursday: 11.00-11.20 a.m.
Jenna - Going on a Design Hunt - Bring an interesting item from your house to share
Angel - Science - chemical reactions causing gas
Meeting ID: 959 4509 5027 Thursday: 11.30-11.50 a.m.
Olivia - Digital Learning Objects
Mel - quick draw pictures - art
Jeannie - Maths game - Rocket
Laila Murphy, Room 8’s new student teacher, will join us so she can meet some students
Remote Learning Downloads
Covid Email Newsletters
ZOOM Guidelines for Parents
Zoom is an online tool or application that allows video and audio communication to groups. The purpose of using Zoom with the students in our classes is to enable face to face interaction during this lockdown period. These guidelines are designed to help Zoom meetings go smoothly for all and help everyone stay cybersafe.
Teacher Safety Steps
To ensure that only class members can join, the school will be providing a Meeting ID. The Waiting Room feature will be used which means the administrator has to ‘admit’ each student into the meeting. Teachers can control student microphones and who can share their screen.
Expectations for Students
Parents, please go through these points with students prior to the Zoom meeting.
- You need to ensure your device is fully charged or plugged in before entering a Zoom session.
- Once you have clicked on the invitation link, you will go into a ‘waiting room’. Our administrator will allow access to the session. You will know when this has happened because you will be able to see others on your screen.
- Once you are admitted you will be waiting for others to join.
- Once the meeting has started at the set time, no further students will be admitted as this becomes too disruptive for the flow of the meeting and for the teacher running it.
- The volume will need to be up on the device you are using and the video activated.
- Set your device to mute when you enter the meeting
- Your teacher will lead the session.
Expectations for Parents
- Please do not use photography or any recording equipment (including Zoom recording) during the Zoom session.
- Please label your Zoom name in this way: Parent first name - Child’s name/s – room e.g. Linda – Ben – Room 18